Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PEARS!

Pears are my all time favorite fruit so it's no surprise that I have pear trees!
At the end of summer we always pick pears, these are not the juicy Bartlett pears but hard as a rock cooking pears. I put them in the fridge for 30 days or so then let them ripen on the kitchen table until they reach a greenish golden color and smell like heaven!

Single Pear Original Watercolor.
Triple Pear Original Watercolor


Mod Pear on Reclaimed Picket Fencing Boards
Original Watercolor Enclosure Cards with Book Page Envelopes
 I can't resist painting them in all the different stages and all different ways. Just did watercolors last week and the picket fence I did a while ago.


Soft Sculpture Pillow Made with Scrap Fabric
I made this soft sculpture pillow a couple of years ago from scrap fabric and hand painted canvas. It has long been sold to some other pear person. I might make myself one!

Detail of Oil Painting of Pears on Yellow Chair.
I have these pear oil paintings in my kitchen, simple but some of my favorite pieces.

So with all the pears I make a cake that is to die for! I have written out the entire recipe on my "Something Tasty" page so please feel free to bake away and change it up and make it your own!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment