Friday, October 14, 2011

How Hard Can That Be?

OK so these last few months have been crazy getting the kids settled with a school routine and working on farm /art stuff. Now I am going to really work on this blog and make it something useful.

As those of you that know me personally, you know how many things I make, design and create on a daily basis, this includes home improvements, (actually framed out a wall myself this summer), gardening (I live on a farm and have a ridiculous green thumb) animals, (dogs, chickens, sheep) then we get to the creating stuff.....with a lifetime of being in the arts, fine and commerical and crafts (and by crafts I mean textile/fiber/surface design) there isn't much I haven't done.

So...as far as tutorials go what would everybody like to learn? here are some examples:

felt: I use my own sheep's wool and make felt which is then made into other things (sachets, ornaments, use it to embellish pillows etc). I make felted soap.
Jewelry: I worked for a jewelry designer while in college. All sorts of experience here.
Sewing: Been sewing forever. Can teach easy ideas that will make you look like a star!
Painting: Been painting since more than forever and can teach lots of tricks that look really difficult.
Eco: I do amazing art and products with plastic bags, so cool! Can teach lots of fun stuff here.
Up cycled: I love working with fabrics of all kinds, clothing is great for accessories. and inexpensive!
Necessities: This is the crazy stuff I come up with when I need something in a snap and have no materials that you would expect. The wild card category!
Gardening: saving plants over the winter, inside gardens, unusual pots, wall planters etc.
Paper: Do not buy wrapping paper!!! honestly people! this is a no brainer. all sorts of wrapping/card/stationary ideas here.
Holidays: This includes things to make, do, decorations etc, I actually have published books on parties.  Bet some of you didn't know that!!
New: Ok, this is the category that I am going into blind with my constant motto, "How hard can that be?" I am about to embark on dying experiments, some new upholstery thoughts, redoing my kitchen cabinets (that's a biggie) making poufs from billboards, sweaters etc...
Food: I have been a baker for most of my teen/adult life but have had to learn to cook for the first time in the past two years. (my gourmet hubby started a new career and doesn't have time anymore.) I mean I never even food shopped!! I have perfected some dishes by now and I also make an AMAZING apple/pear cake and apple butter, and apple pie and to die for chocolate cake....wait, is that cooking?

Tell me what you want to make, learn, or just ask about!

No comments:

Post a Comment