Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet heart!

It's almost Valentine's day and creative hearts are popping up all over the place.

This one I made from an antique crazy quilt that was being thrown away!! (First you have to ask why would anyone throw away an antique quilt for ANY reason??!!)

First I cut out a heart from the tiny undamaged stitched area of the quilt, then hand stitched it onto an old sweater piece then embroidered little french knots around it, OK, I admit that french knots are really the only embroidery stitch I can do, but they look impressive so I stick with it.

Last, I glued the heart onto a piece of a painted fruit crate that I had already drilled holes into.
A little copper wire for a hanger and done!

By the way, stitching the hearts is the perfect activity to work on while watching TV or movies.......

No comments:

Post a Comment